Reporting to the Quality & Aftersales manager, you will be supporting all areas of the business with a strong focus on quality control at our manufacturing site.
Location: Hoddesdon HQ UK
Applications By: 15/04/2022
Travel Required: Yes
You will be working alongside another Quality Engineer to develop methods and processes to support the reduction of Cost of Quality. You will also be collaborating closely with staff to review outputs of processes and implement improvements. Other keys elements of the role you will create documentation that supports a preventative approach in the production process.
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 2 year’s direct work experience in a quality related role
- Detailed knowledge of ISO 9001:2015
- Proficient with MS office application particularly MS Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience at working both independently and in a team orientated, collaborative environment is essential. Along with Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute task in a high-pressure environment is crucial
Preferred – Nice to Haves:
- ISO 9001 Internal Auditor training course
- Experience with manufacturing of cable/umbilical design and manufacture or with subsea oil and gas applications.
Fibron is a major designer, manufacturer and global provider of subsea cables and umbilical systems used by the offshore Oil and Gas, Diving, Seismic, ROV, Defence and Special Applications industries. The company designs/manufactures and tests the products at our UK facility. Since we started doing business in 1986, we have built an excellent track record of designing products to match our customer needs. Fibron supply products to major Oil & Gas market operators and contractors globally and we place great emphasis on developing strong and long-term relationships with these clients.
Due to the company’s continued growth and expansion an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer. We are looking for a hardworking, enthusiastic, initiative-taking candidate, who will help to us to continue grow and expand our product portfolio.
Our design/manufacturing facility in Hoddesdon is within easy commuting distance from London by rail (closest train station is Rye House) or road (A10 short distance from the M25).
Qualifications & Education Requirements
Educational & Certification
- Higher National Certificate (HNC) or a Higher National Diploma (HND) in quality or engineering