Machine Operators/ Setters
Setting up and monitoring key processes within the manufacturing environment which consist of the following main tasks:
- Polymer Extrusion
- Cable Twisting operations
- Hose and Cable Braiding operations
- Steel wire armouring processing
- Electrical Testing of cables
- Pressure testing of hose lines
Location: Hoddesdon HQ UK
Applications By: 30/04/2022
Travel Required: Yes
Fibron is a major designer, manufacturer and global provider of subsea cables and umbilical systems used by the offshore Energy, Diving, Seismic, ROV, Defence and Special Applications industries. The company designs/manufactures and tests the products at our UK facility. Since 1986, we’ve built an excellent track record of designing products to match our customers’ needs.
Using a keen knowledge of our environment, combined with innovative thinking in materials, testing and analysis to provide products that meet any challenge. Supplying products to major Energy operators and contractors globally and we place great emphasis on developing strong and long-term relationships with these clients.
Due to the company’s continued growth and expansion a number of exciting opportunities have arisen. We are looking for industrious, enthusiastic, highly motivated candidates, who will ultimately help to us to continue to grow and expand our product portfolio.
Our design/manufacturing facility in Hoddesdon is within easy commuting distance from London by rail (closest train station is Rye House) or road (A10 short distance from the M25).
Qualifications & Education Requirements
- A passion for delivering unparalleled product quality in the design and manufacture of life support/ critical mission systems
- Work well within a team and communicate effectively and openly with others
- Build relationships with colleagues to create a team spirit, having fun and celebrating success
- Be at work on time, well presented and ready to be a brand ambassador
- Any previous experience with cable/umbilical manufacture is extremely desirable but not essential as training is offered and made available for suitable candidates.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Fibron a great place to work. These include but are not limited to:
- Holiday starting at 20 days increasing 1 day after 5 years service to a total of 25 days.
- Stakeholders pension plan or Salary Sacrifice Pension plan.
- Life Assurance – 3 x contractual pay.
- Private Medical health cover.
- Health cash Plan.
- Company wide bonus plan based on business performance.
- Uniform and PPE provided.